Can Juncosa, founded in Mallorca in 1902, is a family business dedicated to helping customers find the best solutions for shaping the spaces around them in their everyday lives.

OUR CLIENTS

SERVICES

CAN JUNCOSA

It was the year 1902 when Lamberto Juncosa Massip founded the first company, a cabinet making workshop in Palma. Born in Catalonia, he came to Mallorca to work for Joan Ferrá at his furniture factory in Minyones Street. There he met his wife to be, Enriqueta Iglesias, a relative of the Ferrá family.

Can Juncosa in Industria Street in Palma soon earned a reputation as one of the finest furniture factories on the Island. Projects worth mentioning would be those executed with great skill and complexity for renowned families and extremely demanding private and corporate clients: the Principal and Lírico theaters, the Town Hall, Gran Hotel, etc.

After experiencing difficult times at the end of the 1930’s, the Company loses its founder Lamberto Juncosa in 1941. His son Ángel Juncosa Iglesias takes over; aged 25 and only recently graduated in Interior Design at the University of Stuttgart. He succeeds in bringing the factory back to prosperity, as a result of a great deal of sacrifice and a lot of effort.

Later in 1951 Ángel undertakes a very comprehensive conversion of the San Nicolás Street premises in central Palma. This will become the first store in Mallorca to specialize in retailing furnishing fabrics, and will play a pioneering role in curtain making and other services for the trade.

It is worth mentioning the relevance of the incorporation into the Company of Ángel Juncosa’s wife, Blanca Aysa, when in 1958 she opens a new furniture and decoration store in Jaime III. EDA was the embryo of what would become the major commercial activity of Can Juncosa: Elements of Design and Architecture.

In 1969, their son Ángel Juncosa Aysa joins the Company. With a degree in Interior Design from the Royal College of Art in London he also contributes the experience gained at the original furniture factory in Industria Street. The following year he designs the project for the new premises in the Can Valero industrial park, where all activities, both manufacturing and commercial, will concentrate starting in 1971: Curtain and furniture making, an upholstery shop, a commercial showroom and warehouse.

A lack of skilled labour on one hand, and a greater demand for mass produced furniture on the other, lead to the dismantling of the bespoke furniture workshop in order to focus on furniture and textiles for interior design.

In 1993, after 50 years working for the Company, Ángel Juncosa Iglesias takes his well-deserved retirement. At the same time, Jacqueline Vecchierini, Ángel Juncosa Aysa’s wife, joins the management team. She improves the image of both the showroom and the store, and updates the fabric and textiles division, incorporating new suppliers and selecting the finest products.

In 2014 Patricia Juncosa Vecchierini joins the Company. She has a Ph.D. in Architecture from the ETSAB in Barcelona and a research grant at the Harvard University Graduate School of Design. In 2000 she moves to the United States, first to Boston and in 2004 to New York City, where she teaches at the School of Visual Arts and works at MoMA, in the Department of Architecture and Design, curating contemporary design exhibitions.

Patricia will make the most of her contacts and knowledge of architecture and design to widen the scope of the Company and increase its international exposure, invigorating its marketing strategies, and boosting the contemporary furniture division.

After four generations and a history of over 100 years, Can Juncosa today counts on a motivated team of employees whose aim is to constantly maintain an excellent offer of contemporary high quality products and to provide the best possible service for our clients.

GO TO CONTACT